This event is intended to demonstrate the knowledge-based practices of tree health assessment and technical solutions in order to ensure the succeeding improvement of urban environment. In this seminar, presentations by authors of case studies will be given.
You are kindly welcomed to our seminar and we encourage You to forward this email to people and organizations that might be interested in the upcoming event.
- Jeremy Barrell is the founder of Barrell Tree Consultancy (“BTC”) (www.barrelltreecare.co.uk), one of the UKs largest Arboricultural Practices, working primarily in the planning and legal sectors. He leads a team of 15 people, specialising in assessing trees on development sites and project managing their protection through to occupation. Jeremy started his career working for the UK Forest Service in 1978, establishing his own tree contracting business in 1980, which evolved into BTC in 1995. In 2001, he was honoured with the UK Arboricultural Association’s Award for his outstanding contribution to UK arboriculture, joining the ranks of previous winners, which includes Dr Shigo, Professor Mattheck and Dr Lonsdale. He is a regular keynote speaker at international conferences, authoring more than 100 articles and papers on tree management. He designed the SULE, TreeAH, TreeABC and TreeAZ methods of tree assessment, which are internationally recognised management tools (www.TreeAZ.com).
Joris Voeten is a European Tree Technician with a strong focus on Urban Green Space Design aiming at creating climate adaptive, future proof and liveable cities through the incorporation of healthy trees and urban green spaces in the cityscape and on rooftops. With a background in Tropical Forestry, ecosystem functioning with circular water management, connectivity and multi-functionality is at the core of his designs. This way his designs and product developments for growing site constructions for trees in cities enable healthy trees for healthy people, with a positive impact on urban climate and local rainwater issues.
Practical tree management
- Jeremy Barrell – Tree assessment for planning and heritage purposes
- Jeremy Barrell – A modern approach to old arboriculture
- Joris Voeten – Growing sites for Urban Trees
- Joris Voeten – Trees and Construction
Strategic tree management & planning
- Jeremy Barrell – Trees and planning
- Jeremy Barrell – Risk Management
- Joris Voeten – How to get the arborist out of the tree
- Joris Voeten – The role of trees in the urban water cycle of the future
Detailed program of the conference is available here
Seminar will be held at the facility of the Society of Annas Tree School.
Map is available here.
Accommodation in shared on-site dormitories is offered for 8 EUR per night (can be paid in cash only). Shower and WC facilities, refrigerator for food storing and cooking equipment will be provided. Other possibilities of accommodation and distance to venue:
Please fill the registration form.
Deadline for the registration is January 15, 2017.
Participation fee: Full-time 150 EUR, One day 100 EUR.
Payment must be transferred to:
Recipient – Biedrība „Annas koku skolas biedrība”
Registration number – 50008230721
IBAN – LV57UNLA0050022702093
Swift code (BIC) – UNLALV2X
When performing the payment please indicate: urban trees + name, last name
The registration fee can be paid in cash at registration desk.